Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Is this Blog Interesting?

As I strive to reach as many people as possible with my second year message, I began searching the internet for ways to draw in more followers. Here are some of the tips I found:
1. Write long posts.
2. Write short posts.
3. Write what others want to hear about.
4. Stay true to your message.
5. Be timeless.
6. Be relevant.
7. Write in Chinese.
8. Write in English.

Was this list as helpful to you as it was to me (sarcasm)? Should I write only about grief? Should I write about Haiti? Should I write about Christian literature? Should I write using professional language or should I write using conversational language? Here’s my answer:

I’ve identified the purpose for my second year and I aim to stay right on track. That eagle-eye focus means you will experience a spectrum of messages from grief to dogs to Jesus to shopping and maybe even glimpses of joy. It all fits together but a casual observer might miss the point.

I’m sharing my second year journey into short term missions. I’m not filtering for whether or not the posts are interesting to the widest possible audience or whether or not my mother would approve or whether or not my kids would be embarrassed. This is me…my thoughts, my feelings, my journey, my life. You can see that I am a researcher, a planner, and a thinker. If you stay tuned I guarantee you’ll see some pretty amazing moves of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment