Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Missions…What was I Thinking?

Plunging headlong into this idea of missions as my second year, I hadn’t given a thought to the fact that I had no concept of the reality of missions. I have no sense of whether or not I’ll even enjoy missions let alone be good at it. I have no sense of how to integrate such a radical change into a very traditional, low-key lifestyle.

Yet I have absolute confidence that I am fully inside the will of God. I know that whatever is to come will be ordained by the One who purposed my life. My Second Year is absolutely a message of death and grief transformed into life and hope. It’s a daring response to God’s call into short-term missions to ignite a revolution.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed" (Luke 4:18). Pray that I have this kind of boldness.

No comments:

Post a Comment