Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spiritual Warfare

You know you’re truly in God’s will when you begin to encounter spiritual warfare. The goal of the enemy is to prevent the will of God from coming to pass. He would have no motivation to attack if God’s will weren’t involved. Some of the ways spiritual warfare presents itself is in personal thoughts, relationships, and spiritual life.

In my thoughts I could begin to doubt my second year purpose given the amount of donations that have come in. I could think, “God must not want me to go because he didn’t provide the finances.” In my relationships, I could become offended by people who suggest I’m simply going on a vacation adventure instead of on a working mission trip. In my spiritual life, I could become distracted with learning about Alaska instead of praying for the Alaskan people I’ll encounter and begging God to meet these people and change their hearts.

I could be distracted by the furnace problems, icy roads, or car tires that won’t keep their air. I could be distracted by taxes, tuition, and a lack of time. I could be distracted by attempts to create division in the church, chocolate cake, this cold that is trying to take me down, or the death of my best friend.

Guess what…NO WAY! There is no way I will entertain the enemy in my house. In the name of Jesus, get out!

No comments:

Post a Comment