Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine Mission

Thanks to a close friend I realized that there might be hope for me yet. I was tempted to feel sad because Valentine’s Day is coming and I miss my valentine. I am a little sad, but what I found was that as a result I was determined to help others through their first Valentine’s Day without their spouse. I know two ladies whose husbands died this past year so the upcoming Valentine’s Day will be their first without them.

Every couple celebrates their love in different ways and I realized that I could never have replaced that special moment for them. Instead I made little goodie bags with valentine gifts inside and included a nice card. One got mailed to Florida and the other was left on a doorstep. Cheesy as though they may be, when they receive the gift I hope they feel remembered and loved and special.

What does this have to do with My Second Year? Building compassion is part of my purpose. I had to admit that I actually thought of how someone else might be feeling for a change. These ladies hearts are breaking and I wanted to help however I could…even if it’s through flip flops, cookie cutters, and candy hearts.

“Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion” (Psalms 103:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment