Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Film Review: NOOMA Whirlwind | 024

Job struggled with a crisis of faith resulting from long, bitter suffering. His possessions and his family were destroyed. He used broken pottery to scrape at his boil-covered body. Friends asserted that his suffering was the result of his own sin. His wife told him to “Curse God and die.” Finally, Job shook his fist at God.

God’s voice came in a whirlwind to question Job of his experience in creating the world. Among many challenges, God asked Job if he’d entered the storehouses of the snow or if he knew who gave birth to the frost from the heavens. Job relented and said, “Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know” (42:3).

Whirlwind was recorded less than four months after Rick went to heaven. What I got from the message, though, was not a sense of righteous bitterness or an underwhelming view of God’s goodness. What I got from this film was the message that Job’s story wasn’t over…that MY story isn’t over. God blessed the latter part of Job’s life and I have every hope that God will bless the latter part of my life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment