Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, February 19, 2010

Personal Preparation for Missions

Preparing my heart, mind, and attitude for service is essential to readiness for service on the mission field. Global Partnership Ministries provides a guide on just how to do that.

1. Prayer – Use the ACTs model and pray for specific topics related to missions.
2. Bible study – Use a devotional reading guide specific to missions.
3. Evangelism – Practice a simple way of leading someone to Christ.
4. Reading – Read mission biographies.
5. Research – Study the country and people where the mission will take place.
6. Journal – Write about these experiences beginning 30 days before the trip.

I’m on the 30 day countdown and have already begun using every one of these suggestions for preparation. I particularly appreciate the Bible study guide provided as the topics are mission specific and relevant to my upcoming work. The first message:

Have mercy on me, oh Lord, cleanse me, give me a pure heart, help me teach others about you, and give prosperity to those I serve (Psalm 51).

No comments:

Post a Comment