Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jesus Sends The Twelve

Jesus’ disciples never had the benefit of knowing in advance where they’d lay their heads for the night, what they’d eat, or what customs might be offensive to the locals. As a matter of fact, they were told to “…take nothing for the journey” (Luke 9:3). Jesus also suggested that the disciples would not be well received everywhere they went and that they should “shake the dust off their feet when they leave” if that were the case (Luke 9:5).

I do not go into the mission field alone, I go with the One who sent me. Because I know that I am being called to these places in a way that is like no other previous experience, I can trust Jesus for my provision – material, financial, spiritual.

“The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him (John 8:29). “By myself I can do nothing…for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me” (John 5:30).

No comments:

Post a Comment