Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Law of the Harvest

When missionaries stood before the church to tell of the work they were doing in another country, I found it all purely academic. I never really connected with these lives, these stories, from a place in the heart. The stories were very otherly. My heart was hard toward the needs of the missionaries and the people they loved on. I questioned from my own place of infinite wisdom (sarcasm) whether the need was real or perceived. I didn’t understand what it meant to really be in God’s will. I never realized that a heart’s desire could be anything more than a whimsical want. I never understood the depth at which passion could be evoked for the great gifts that only God can give.

Dear God, I have not sown well. Please forgive me. Soften my heart so that I can see your will and hear your call on the lives of other people. Excite in me the hope for lives transformed in the very same way that my own hope is stirred. Amen.

You reap what you sow (Galatians 6:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment