Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Konoweka Orphans and Widows Hut

You’ve heard me talk about the Bible study I did together with David and a group of widows he shepherds, and about a few super cool moments we shared. And you’ve even received some of their beautiful handcrafts. I feel God calling me to become more deeply involved in the lives of these women in a way that can really make a difference for them and their children.
During my next trip to Uganda I will join their weekly fellowship meetings. We’ll worship together, study the Bible together, I’ll do some teaching about business and finance, and they’ll do some teaching about how they make their crafts. I’ll build relationships with these ladies with the hope of helping lift them out of poverty. In a way we’ve already started something new together.
I’d like to introduce the new blog for Konoweka Orphans and Widows Hut. The blog is intended to highlight the artisans and their products along with stories of how their art is created and what life is like for these women and their children. You can also place orders for their handcrafts through this blog via PayPal. This blog does not replace My Second Year, it is not a Leslie-focused blog, but it’s all about these women, their lives, and their handcrafts. And it’s about supporting and praying for them as we watch their lives unfold over time.
Much of the product content has yet to be developed and I’ll do more of that during my next trip. For now, please check out the blog, tell your friends, and start placing your orders. Remember that you can make special requests too. These ladies are gifted and can make almost anything you desire. Keep in mind that your purchases are helping put their children in school.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Leslie. Your help for these ladies will be a true blessing!

    ReplyDelete