Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, November 19, 2010

Surprised by Hope

Year two is almost over, which means My Second Year is almost over too. The blog will be retired on November 22, 2010 and, while it will still be available online, I won’t be adding more posts. My Third Year as a “next blog” doesn’t work, as discussed in the post of the same name. Yet becoming a missionary to East Africa and sharing stories about how God is moving there surely deserves public expression. To that end, and to the end (kinda) of the many weeks of intense planning, I’m very excited to reveal the next blog.

Surprised by Hope was created to encourage, demonstrate, and testify to the many ways we can be surprised by hope. It’s not a personal blog about grief and healing, as was My Second Year. Surprised by Hope is intended to focus on Christ-like, hope-filled ministry to the men, women, and children in East Africa. Don’t be surprised to find stories about the people I meet and the places I go, discussions about education issues or politics, tools for helping missionaries expand their reach, or testimonies about finding Hope in everyday life.

Surprisedbyhope.org serves as a portal to three main segments of the site.

  • The blog button focuses on field ministry. In other words, its primary purpose is to report what is happening while I am on the field in East Africa and to provide ministry-related updates. Don’t forget to sign up as a “Follower.”
  • The artisans button focuses on the groups of handcrafters in East Africa who hope to increase sales as a means of providing for their families.
  • The giving button focuses on the many ways – financial and nonfinancial – that we can work together in this ministry.
Take a look at the website, know that it’s a work in progress, and join me in bringing the surprise of hope to today’s East-African culture.

“Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long” (Psalm 25:4-5, TNIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment