Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Story Begins

On November 22, 2008 my best friend and husband of almost 20 years died unexpectedly. Those adorable curls, winning dimples, and that precious spirit are gone forever. Among the so many thoughts and emotions that go along with grieving was the idea that the picture we’d painted of our future together, the plans we had made, would never be accomplished.

Having this beautiful picture of what "will be" before our eyes was a driving force in our lives. Every decision, every action, every earthly hope was shaped by that image. Without it…I began to feel like a wanderer, a vagabond, a rogue, a drifter, a gypsy, a tramp, a hobo. Never had I imagined my young future apart from my companion and ally.

But wait…doesn’t God tell us that his plans for us are good (Jeremiah 29:11)?

No comments:

Post a Comment