Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Beginning of My Second Year 2

The shoulder of my first to my second year was worrisome. I wanted, no…I needed, to have some sense of future. I felt an urgency to capture a vision for my life that went beyond next month. I needed to have some assurance that what I lost with Rick, our plans for our happy future together, could be recaptured in a way that was at minimum satisfying. I needed hope, beauty, and I needed to reclaim the peace that was so steadfastly present during my first year. I knew that I knew that God had good plans for me and that I would have joy again. But how?

I wrestled with words from the Holy Spirit that both broke me down and built me up. But the real longing was to recapture a sense of purpose for my future. Without fail, among many words, the Holy Spirit revealed that my second year would be a transition, a graduation, a parting of the waters, a new season, filled with radical change (of the inner me), a transformation, that the work would be foundational and not completed, that it would be joyful, that God would be faithful, that I would have dreams and visions, and that I would use some gift for ministry.

Many wise counselors help give shape and meaning to God’s plans (Proverbs 15:22).

No comments:

Post a Comment