Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Second Year

As I contemplated these disturbing truths about me, Jesus’ heart for me, and this depiction of my second year, I felt a little mortified. Many people are gifted with these qualities, they come naturally. But for as long as I can remember I lived in the intellectual world, NOT the relational world. Intermingle this work with the ongoing work of grief and healing and the floodwaters began to rise. How did all these expressions fit together? Oddly, in only the way the Spirit could move, my Bucket List came to mind.

Three, long-forgotten dreams were on that list that had yet to be accomplished. Those three things were essentially set aside as they never quite aligned with Rick’s heart. Sometimes I prayed that God would unite our hearts on these three things and I guess he did. Setting aside these desires never once troubled me. Never. Please do not hear that Rick held me back in any way. As a matter of fact, I am quite confident that I could never have gotten as far as I am today without all that he gave and taught and loved. My life will become his legacy.

One particular item from my bucket list almost screamed at me – short term missions. Short term missions perfectly aligned with the message of restoration, hope, and transformation delivered by these many friends. Actually, all three remaining items on that bucket list fit. This realization, this connecting of the dots, excited me. Was this it? Was short term missions my second year?

Who knows why this purpose has come at this time but I cannot remain silent (Esther 4:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment