Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Choosing a Mission Trip

Short term missions is the venue through which I believe breaking down walls, building compassion, and showing grace can occur simultaneously. With this purpose in mind, I prepared to find a short term mission trip using the questions posed by my cousin as a guide.

1. You could go on a mission trip close by or far away. If you have never been on a mission trip before, consider close by first.
2. You could go on a mission trip alone, with a small group, or a larger group. I think a group of 8-12 is a nice amount and allows for a good team dynamic, which is an important part of the experience.
3. What mission interests do you have? A particular kind of ministry? A particular location? Look for something that fits that.

Adding to this guide, I knew that multiple trips meant that I would need to spread them out over the course of the year so as to avoid any negative impact on my family and my work. But still I wondered…how would I recognize the right trips?

If I trust in God he will give me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:3-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment