Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Spaciousness of Love

The hallmark of a Christian life and relationship with God is love. In love, intimacy develops, which means that walls come down and vulnerability exists. Knowing and being known is one of the greatest risks of intimacy…and one of the greatest joys. Identifying with others in an intimate relationship helps us see through their eyes and helps us develop a shared purpose of shared loves.

Many people understand intimacy with Jesus as a one-on-one experience. Although an amazing gift, I am challenged to think of intimacy with Jesus as something much bigger. The more I get close to the One who loves me, the more I feel free to allow others to come close to me. Somehow that tight, personal intimate relationship with Jesus blossoms into a love for so many others. With Jesus, intimacy does not become diluted as more people are included.

Growing in intimacy with Jesus, my love can be transformed into something more spacious than I ever imagined possible.

God wanted an intimate love with the world so much that he gave his only son’s life just to have it (John 3:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment