Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Movie Review: The Blind Side

Was The Blind Side about helping the less fortunate? Or, was the movie about how people can be blessed by helping the less fortunate? Perhaps it was about an appropriate combination of both?

I often think of doing something for someone in need, just like Leigh Anne did for Michael, but I never do? Why? What prevents me from helping others in this way? Leigh Anne reflected on questions of security only after she’d invited Michael to stay. Leigh Anne had abundant financial resources. Do I require security and finances to be “ready” to help? Must the situation qualify as comfortable and convenient before I’ll be willing to participate? Must I have what I think I need before I’m willing to give someone else something they need?

Enough with the excuses. I realize safety is a real issue but if I am listening to the prompting of the Spirit there might be an abundance of ways to help that I could never even dream up. Paul said that those who are led by the Spirit are children of God (Romans 8:14) and so I should expect the Spirit to lead me…but I need to know how he does it.

Current Temperature: 14°

1 comment: