Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, March 12, 2010

Remember When...

Who will remember coming out of Madison Square Garden after a Cirque du Soleil performance only to turn and see the full moon shining through the fog right over the clock tower high up in the sky? Who will remember the reflection of the majestic, snow covered Grand Tetons in the sill evening waters of Oxbow Lake as the sun descended behind the mountain? Who will remember the pattern the bright stars make when watching from the Triple J on the very dark Top of Townsend?

Is beauty diminished when only one witness remains? Do memories fade when reminiscing is impossible?

As I prepare for this Alaska trip I think about the memories that I’ll be creating and I wonder who will remember them with me. There’s something about sharing such an experience with another person that is almost spiritual. Rick and I were blessed to have had some wonderful vacation experiences. Half the fun was looking forward to the vacation together and then reminiscing when we returned. Is it possible to find that sense of relationship created by a shared experience through the words I use to describe the experience to someone who wasn’t there? Will it be possible to find that sense of unity created by a shared experience through the photographs I take to show what my eyes saw to someone who wasn’t there?

1 comment:

  1. Acch, her breaking ma heart! Such a sad thought. But also very real. I'm so glad and so proud of you for facing the reality of your grief in such meaningful ways. I love you! Jean

    ReplyDelete