Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Is Healing for Today?

My pastor teaches that physical healing is for today. I generally tend to land on the fence, though. One thing I know for sure is that God cannot be limited by what I think or believe. I know that he is big enough to do whatever he wishes according to his purpose and glory. And, I believe he does sometimes heal people because of the requests of his people.

I know that I know that I know that God heals the heart. He gives grace and peace and mercy and forgiveness, which are healing agents. Why, then, would God not also give physical healing? God told the disciples to preach and to heal, why would the preach part be for today but not the heal part? I pray healing over people and believe it is possible but I doubt that it will happen. What is the root of my fence riding? Why do I believe and yet hesitate? How is my ambiguous attitude hindering others? Do I need to let go of old attitudes and make room for his supernatural power?

Baptists, those I’ll be serving under for this Alaska mission, do not believe the gift of healing (or speaking in tongues) is for today. How shall I conduct myself when faced with a need for healing? Should I have the boldness of Christ or should I behave according to the customs of the people there?

“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters” (Romans 14:1).

1 comment:

  1. Be bold! While baptists may not believe in the gift of healing they certainly do believe that God, in his mercy, does heal in response to our prayers.

    ReplyDelete