Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Monday, March 15, 2010

Parting the Red Sea

During the church service yesterday my pastor allowed me a moment to briefly share my mission journey and then he led the group to pray for me. What a wonderful revelation this experience was for me. People whom I’ve known more closely for many years were praying for me because they love me. People whom I’ve known only casually for a short time were praying for me because they love me. People whom I don’t know well at all were praying for me because they’re capable of loving before knowing me.

I realize the whole world doesn’t necessarily love me, but there was something so precious and revealing about some of these people who now know about my journey and are hungering alongside me to see the lives of the people I relate to changed. Becoming vulnerable to these people has awakened me to the power and wonderfulness of the body of Christ.

A beautiful young woman who grew up in Alaska approached me after the prayer and declared that this would be a journey where the waters are parted like Moses had done with the Red Sea. This is the second time I heard a message for me about the parting of the waters. I believe this image is very symbolic given the transition from the first to the second year of my grieving/healing journey, how Alaska will be a pivotal experience, and perhaps how this internal tug-of-war will finally be resolved. This young woman also declared that I would go with an authority over the enemy and that I should not be afraid but instead go with boldness…that the authority I have through Jesus would be strong in me.

“The waters were divided” (Exodus 14:21). Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment