Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Alaska is Pivotal

In my post called Mission Trip #1: Alaska, I talked about what going to Alaska means to me. It means having closure to the unfulfilled dream Rick and I shared. It means being awakened to my bucket list dream of serving in missions. It also means being obedient to God as he walks me through this transition from what I thought my life would be to what I know my life will become; through this transition of who I was to who I will be.

Looking forward to these experiences causes a little sadness, as I near departure that feeling seems to be intensifying. Yet, I know how pivotal this first mission trip will be. I’ll be letting go of that one last thing that was left undone and I will be looking forward to the adventure of My Second Year purpose that was specially designed by my Creator just for me.

I should not be surprised that my emotions are playing tug of war as the date approaches. I will not be surprised when God releases me from the old and helps me step into the new. This is not to say that I will never have moments of reflection or sadness, but instead that I will be free to move fully into this new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment