Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Top 10 Roller Coasters

1. Top Thrill Dragster
2. Maverick
3. Millennium Force
4. Wicked Twister
5. Magnum
6. Raptor
7. Iron Dragon
8. Gemini
9. Mantis
10. Cork Screw

A weekend at Cedar Point nets a list of my Top 10 favorite roller coaster rides. I rode the Top Thrill Dragster for the first time this year. 0-120 mph in 3.8 seconds. 425 feet tall. 17 seconds long. I could have a love affair with this coaster. Waiters watch with baited breath as the train reaches the top…will it make it over the curve as designed or will it slide backward down the hill toward the beginning. What a rush! The Dragster can be seen in the far right of the first photo.



On our first wedding anniversary, Rick and I went to Cedar Point. He and I rode all the coasters that were here 20 years ago - the Magnum was new that year. A handful of times over the course of our marriage we came back to the Point including the summer before he died. By that time his preference for coasters was not to ride them. In 95 degree weather, Rick would wait two hours in line with me so that I could ride every coaster I wanted. He’d simply step through the coaster and onto the exit ramp and wait for me with a big smile…every time.

I got the idea that I was the most special person on earth when he did that. He did these kinds of things for me a lot and I knew it. This year, as I wait in these somewhat shorter lines alone, I remember him. I remember his kindness and his generosity and the way he made me feel so special. I feel honored to have been loved like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment