Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, May 7, 2010

Finding God Alongside the Road

My life sometimes looks like those figuratively crooked, muddy, wide roads. I willfully conduct commerce along these roads by exchanging God’s goodness for something I believe would be better. The Bible shows just a bit of what I have definitely been missing:

God answers a servant’s prayer before he was even finished; Rebekah came along the road with a pitcher of water (Genesis 24:48).

God provides a way out; a desert road led the Israelites out of Egypt and to the Red Sea (Exodus 13:18).

God has compassion on those who suffer; beside the roads and pastures we’ll find food (Isaiah 49:9).

God will do a new thing on the earth; set up road signs and guideposts so that we can return to him (Jeremiah 31:21-22).

God answers prayer, provides a way out, has compassion, and will do something new to release me from this earthly life – all alongside the roads we travel. Why would I ever think I could map out a better journey for myself? I guess that is part of what My Second Year is all about – breaking down the walls that prevent me from fully relying on God. I’m so thankful that he continues to find me along my road.

No comments:

Post a Comment