Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, May 21, 2010

Mission Trip #3: Lake Ann Camp

Choosing the third mission trip for this year was much easier than choosing the first and second trips. As a matter of fact, I might say that choosing is no longer the right word. They just seem to fall into my lap. Perhaps part of the newfound ease of choosing is related to my having a different perspective about the importance of service or about the importance of relationships. I have a wonderful friend whose whole family has been involved in this ministry for many years. When such a ministry is endorsed in this way, I find myself drawn in.

This “mission trip,” however, is really a volunteer endeavor. I pondered whether or not the volunteer approach aligned with My Second Year purpose – to break down walls, build compassion, and show grace. Guess what! It does. I love that God is using a variety of unexpected ways to draw me in and keep me close to him…and to refine my heart.

To honor this friend I will volunteer at Lake Ann Camp between July 5-10, and perhaps again in August, by working with the kitchen crew…“Happily serving Jesus one hungry camper at a time.”


“I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me” (Matthew 25:35).

No comments:

Post a Comment