Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deciding on Missions

I continue to obediently wait on God to reveal his will for my next short-term mission trip. I am finding that I have more patience and less worry than I would have in the past (yea!). I’m finding that I have more flexibility because I have no expectation that the trip will take any particular form. I’m also finding that the revealed mission seems always related to someone I know and someone who has had a big influence on my life – someone I want to honor.

How do I know which mission is “the one”? I get this sense that washes over me, like an “ah-ha” moment. What’s funny is that when God planted the seed in my heart about My Second Year and the direction it would take, I thought maybe three short-term mission trips would round out my year. I also had the sense that missions would somehow continue beyond year two but they would, perhaps, take a different form. I know it’s crazy but I have three more things in the works. God is so good.

Stay tuned for details about mission trip #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment