Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

My Second Year is focused on addressing issues of grief and healing along with the mission work that God has called me to. You may wonder how a post about my mother relates to that focus. Well, let me tell you.

When I called my mother to tell her that Rick died…
…she screamed.
…she got in the car and drove all the way here from Florida (with dad).
…she called the Press to read them the obituary.
…she had Rick’s photo framed beautifully in preparation for the memorial service.
…she bought me some pretty clothes to wear at the service.
…she said some crazy but wonderful things at the service.
…she gave me a small teddy bear to sleep with.

When my mother came to stay with me during graduation…
…she tolerated my crazy emotional upheaval about getting through the ceremony without Rick.
…she planted beautiful flowers all around the outside of the house.
…she bought me some pretty spring clothes (she must know how much I dislike shopping).
…she ironed my graduation robe.
…she gave me the space I needed the morning of the ceremony – even though she’d come all this way.
…she served (refreshed, cleaned, kept things moving) all during the open house.

My mother knew about those little things that needed to be done and she knew they just might pull me under. My mother has put up with some pretty crappy stuff from me through all this really hard part of my life, but she keeps right on loving me. That is what MY mother has to do with My Second Year. I love you, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment