Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leaving for Alaska

My plane departs at 4:40 p.m. today, stopping in Chicago on the way to Anchorage. Tomorrow I’ll get the next plane to Nome. I almost said that my journey is finally beginning, but you’ve been witnessing this journey for the past several months. You’ve been watching me work through my grief and healing, you’ve been watching me respond to a gracious God, and you’ve been seeing inside my heart. I hope you are not disappointed.

As I go, please pray that I would be protected from evil and that My Second Year purpose – to break down walls, build compassion, and show grace – would begin to be fulfilled. Pray that peace would continue and that the process of true transformation would be ignited and perpetuated. Mostly pray that the people I meet would find themselves loved a little more, hurting a little less, and at least one step closer to knowing the Source of all Love.

Watch every day as I post (depending on internet accessibility) the stories of the people I serve and the pictures of the land I see.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment