Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, March 5, 2010

Conflicted?

Various observers of My Second Year journey will have different perspectives about what my journey means, what is right or wrong for my journey, or some judgment about the validity of my journey. I appreciate that idea so much so that when someone questions me I prayerfully examine their criticism.

Am I conflicted about the issues raised? Absolutely. On one hand, I am so thankful that there are people in this world who love me enough to raise questions when they see something they are fearful about. I’m thankful these people have never had a grief experience that forces upon them some change that is extraordinarily difficult. On the other hand, I am saddened that there are people in this world who may not have had a truly intimate experience with God. I’m sad they may have never had an experience so profound that their whole being, the whole way they live their lives is transformed forever.

Just in case there are any lingering questions, let me try to explain my journey in a new way. I am in the will of God. I am doing what He has called me to do. I will not waver. I will not be discouraged. I will not be distracted. Out of the mouth of my son and in the words of my husband, “If this is what you feel God wants you to do, I think you should go for it!”

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all” (read John 6:63-65).

1 comment:

  1. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

    Nuff said!

    Love you, Leslie

    Jean

    ReplyDelete