Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Falling in Love with Jesus

As I sat in the Chicago airport waiting for my flight to Colorado Springs, I listened to the song More Like Falling in Love over and over. What is it about the 60 men and 3 women in their black business suits waiting for the same flight that prevents me from standing, lifting my arms, and twirling around as I worship the One I’m falling in love with while Jason Gray sings this song via YouTube?

The song lyrics describe exactly the way I want to love and to be loved. They perfectly describe how I am falling in love with Jesus all over again. They describe this deep, romantic, head-over-heels, amazing love I have for him. I never thought this kind of love was possible…um, appropriate…for a relationship with Jesus. But I’m finding I’m so willing to give myself up to him without reservation, without inhibition, without fear. He truly is soothing that deep heart ache that misses the love of my husband and friend.

“In that day,” declares the Lord, “you will call me ‘my husband’; you will no longer call me ‘my master’” (Hosea 2:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment