Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dresses for Uganda

According to Pastor Bob’s website, “ladies in Uganda who wear pants, split skirts, or shorts are considered to be loose.” I expect this also means that these ladies are approached more often. To avoid hindrances to ministry, we’re advised to wear long skirts and tops or dresses.

Yahoo, I get to go shopping…again. Can you believe I don’t have any dresses? As a reminder of just how much I dislike shopping, review my previous post about the subject. I eventually had a great experience, though, and found Boots for Alaska…that I didn’t end up needing.

Salvation Army here I come. I figured four dresses for two weeks would be sufficient. I learned there are ladies that will launder my clothes for a very low price, which also gives them some badly needed income.

                             
 
What do you think? Not bad for $22.93, right?

“Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes” (Luke 12:23).

1 comment: