Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Saturday, April 17, 2010

From Alaska to My Second Year

You read about the amazing way God brought Alaska and My Second Year together. Rick and I had always dreamed of going to Alaska and had planned to visit together for our 20th wedding anniversary. Going to Alaska was a little like that one last thing that was left undone. Not quite a year after he died, I sought God’s will for my second year and realized that my bucket list dream of doing mission work would be fulfilled. As I reflect on the dual goals, I am even more confident that God wove these two loves together just for me.

I’m not sure how or when it happened, and I can only see this after having returned home, but at some point this trip became about me and my destiny in Christ and not about grief and loss. Do not misunderstand – I was keenly aware of the beauty that surrounded me and the absence of the one with whom I dreamed of experiencing it. But somewhere along the way – perhaps it was the wonderful people I was with, perhaps it was the focused mission work, perhaps it was knowing that there were parts of the trip that Rick would not have enjoyed (and giving myself permission to acknowledge that) – somewhere…the focus became being where God called me to be and doing what he called me to do.

I am so glad my God can do things like this…give me this almost tangible transformational moment deep in my spirit. I am so thankful for all of you who continue to encourage and support me as I clumsily figure out how to hear God’s voice more clearly and to live this new life more boldly.

“Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me” (Psalm 31:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment