Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Boots for Alaska

Footwear is particularly difficult to shop for online given the fit factor. Still, three -40° winter boot choices were identified – North Face, Columbia, and Sorel. Each cost well over $120 with some pretty hefty shipping charges and none were available in any local stores.

As averse to shopping as I am, I still need to minimize my spending. Being compelled to brave the mall, I learned that not many places in the world require such extreme temperature ratings in their boots, including Michigan. This news was a bit unsettling, how cold is Alaska anyhow? Among stopping at more than four other stores, I dropped into Kohl’s on the unlikely chance they’d have any winter boots let alone cold rated boots.

A glowing circle of light surrounded the men’s Kamik boots and I think I even heard angels singing. The $100 brand name boots were 60% off. I pulled them on at least up past my thighs, felt a little like a full body cast. Inside they were soft and cushy and my feet got hot after just a few rounds in the aisles. These beauties now rest on my shelf in wait for more snow in Michigan so I can break them in - which will be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment