Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Shopping

A peek into my refrigerator confirms that I am not a fan of shopping, grocery or otherwise. Notice the giant container of expired parmesan cheese in the lower right back corner and the giant container of barbeque sauce in the lower right front. I’ll do anything to minimize the number of required trips to the store. Do eggs expire?

Yet for this trip to Nome, I need lots of warm clothes. Luckily, Michigan weather and Rick’s love of cross country skiing means that we have plenty of layers on hand. I’ll serve in Alaska wrapped in his winter wear. I was, however, specifically told that I must have boots rated for -40° and hand warmers for inside my mittens. So, I couldn’t quite get out of shopping all together. How hard could this be?

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13)!

No comments:

Post a Comment