Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Unending Alaska Mountains



I cannot come to Alaska and not notice that almost every place I go is covered in beautiful snow-capped mountains. While Denali is most well known, given that it’s the tallest mountain in the U.S., the Brooks Range and the Alaska Range are responsible for scope.

Something struck me about so many of the mountains I’ve seen on this trip. They seem to be topped with a glassy, unadulterated, sheet likely resulting from the warm sun melting the ice crystals and bonding them together. With undulating waves beneath its surface, the mountain tops look something akin to Crème brûlée – that fancy dessert where the server caramelizes the surface with a blow torch.

As I ponder the beauty of the mountains I see, this song comes to mind and feels rather appropriate to be included in my story:

Over the mountain and the sea
The river runs with love for me
And I will open up my heart
And let the Healer set me free

I’m happy to be in the Truth
And I will daily lift my hands
For I will always sing
Of when Your Love came down

No comments:

Post a Comment