Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Angel's Rest

There are lots and lots more musings from the mission trip but wanted to insert this post given the special day. Read on…

I allocated a few days for vacation following two weeks of very busy, physically challenging, emotionally draining work. A beautiful, mountain-filled drive from Anchorage to the Kenai Peninsula netted me the rocking chair I’m seated in right now. With my feet up on the middle of three windowsills that front the cabin, I’m watching something bob up and down in the waters of the bay…an otter lays on his back and kicks his feet to propel himself through the water. Every now and then he turns to check his position. A flock of small mallard duck butts can be seen in the retreating waters no doubt searching for their evening meal. A bald eagle just passed by, white head stark against the dark waters. Nothing gripped in his sharp talons…yet.

From this window-fronted, one-room cabin I can see the tide come and go. It takes a while but the slimy green plants left in its retreat confirm the change. The waters ripple toward shore regardless of the tidal direction. The snowy mountains across the bay remind me that it’s still winter up there, but the lush bunches of green firs at the bottom hint of spring.

I rented one of three cabins from “Angel’s Rest.” The specific cabin I’m in is called “Cloud 9.” I’m overlooking “Resurrection Bay.” Tomorrow (written Saturday night) is Easter. Seriously, I could not make this stuff up. God is so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment