Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Opening and Closing Ceremony Locations

For safety reasons, the locations of these ceremonies and the walking route for each day are kept relatively quiet until close to the event time. The ceremony locations have just been announced:

Opening Ceremony
• 6:30 a.m. Friday, August 13
• Oakland Community College in Farmington Hills

Closing Ceremony
• 4:30 p.m. Sunday, August 15
• Ford Motor Company World Headquarters in Dearborn

A number of public cheering stations along the route are disclosed to someone, but I don’t know where they are. Via the regular email updates I hear stories about crew members who serve as cheer leaders for specific people, which means they watch for a number to pass by at each station and cheer their little hearts out. Then they go to the next station and cheer for that same number again. They do this all along the route. I also heard there is one lady who gives a hug to every walker as they cross the finish line. I so want that job!

Will you come cheer for me when I cross the finish line?

No comments:

Post a Comment