Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 2: The Walk

Hmm, how honest to be. I'm going for authentic so here is the truth. Okay, I didn’t walk all 21.8 miles, I walked about 12. I spent most of the day berating myself for not having walked the whole thing and then berating myself for not recognizing that the real achievement was raising awareness about breast cancer and raising the funds for research. My logic went something like this…I want to prevent my hot spots from getting worse making it impossible to walk the entire distance on the last day. And then…but this is a once in a lifetime chance to really do something important, I really should push myself regardless of the blisters. Back and forth I argued with myself. I can be quite convincing sometimes.

I am sorry to disappoint you all. Did I do my best? Well…if I weren’t so worried about the blisters getting worse and then not being able to walk the third day… Okay, if I would have just taken each day one at a time and let God manage the rest. Ugh, see how it goes?

P.S. Happy shoes not such a good plan with blisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment