Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Beginning of the End

The very first My Second Year blog post describes how my story begins and now I’m trying to figure out how my story ends…at least for My Second Year. My first year focused on chronicling the many milestones associated with the “firsts” since Rick’s death. The process was heavy with deep grief, but it was also filled with beautiful healing.

Several early blog posts describe how exactly I got to My Second Year and its purpose: to break down walls, build compassion, and show grace. This purpose gave me a sense of direction and clarity. Five short-term mission-type experiences shaped the year and me in a way I never imagined they would. Never.

With just one month left in My Second Year, and no short-term mission trip planned in that month, the beginning of the end of My Second Year is coming. A time of reflection seems appropriate as does a time of seeking God’s will for my future.

This next month will allow me to explore answers to many questions that have been floating around in my head, to have some kind of closure to My Second Year, to show God’s faithfulness and to show Scripture as truth. I pray that during this time of reflection God’s plan for my life would unfold in a greater way and that I would be prepared to lean into that plan with boldness and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment