Ricky Lee Mosher June 21, 1955 to November 22, 2008

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Beginning of . . . What!

As I reviewed the various messages from the Holy Spirit – I wrote them down as they were revealed – I found that some very disturbing words described me far more accurately than I would have liked. Bless those who were willing to tell me the truth…but yikes! Detail oriented, judgmental, demanding, inflexible, perfectionist, independent, legalistic…oh…there are more, a lot more.

The last sermon of my first year was called, “Blessed are the Pure in Heart.” The message was about the vine and the branches. My associate pastor talked about being pruned. Blessed are the pure in heart (those who have been pruned), for they shall see God. He suggested that even the good gifts or skills may be pruned. The old self dies and a new boldness for Jesus takes its place.

Let God transform me into a new person by changing the way I think (Romans 12:2).

1 comment:

  1. I am liking this blog a lot. I appreciate the transparency and honesty that is showing in what she's posting - and the HOPE!

    ReplyDelete